Army of the Sun - Roadrunner United

I know it's a bit early to be talking about my crush of the month but hell I can't help it plus my rock n related stuff section has been neglected for too long. The song is Army of the Sun, found in Roadrunner Records' project which was launched to celebrate its 25th anniversary entitled The All-Star Sessions.

The All-Star Sessions was made possible by a team of 57 artists from 45 past and present bands working under Roadrunner's label (Roadrunner United). The team had 4 "team captains", namely Robert Flynn (Machine Head), Joey Jordison (Slipknot, Muderdolls), Matt Heafy (Trivium) and Dino Cazares (Asesino, Fear Factory).

The album was released in the US on the 10th of October 2005.

So much for the album history.

About the song:
Length : 3:48
Vocal : Tim Williams
Rhythm Guitar - Robb Flynn, Jordan Whelan
Bass - Christian Olde Wolbers
Drums - Andols Herrick




It's not a video. You'll just hear the song and see Roadrunner's logo.


And here's the lyrics:

I was electrified by your eyes as they froze
Inviting me inside of your life to grow

Everlasting setting sun
You’re my angel, you’re the only one
No one close an
d nothing compares in the end
We will be together again

I'm so mesmerized by the light you expose
Igniting a fire deep
inside of my soul

Everlasting setting sun
You’re my angel, you’re the only one
No one close and nothing compares in the end
We will be toget
her again

Darkness shall fall with the strength of us all
Darkness shall fall
Darkness shall fall with the strength of us all
It shall fall

I raise my whit
e flag
It’s the last flag I’ll ever raise
Don't stay away
Staring at you and all you are
I believe
Yeah I believe
Yeah I believe


(So much sadness, what happened to happiness...)
Everlasting setting sun
You’re my angel, you’re the only one
No one close and nothing compares in the end
You’re my angel, you’re the only one

We will be together again
We will be together again


My Favourite Part:

"Everlasting setting sun
You’re my angel, you’re the only one

No one close and nothing compares in the end"

What I see when I hear it:


Do you actually see something? twisted This picture was taken on a very trashy day when Jev and I had to trespass on some property to be able to go to our usual hangout place. It included climbing a very tricky hill which is littered with broken ceramic tiles which have the tendency to make loads of noise when walked on! Yeek.

Anyway that was my crush of the month. The song sounds romantic when seen in this angle, ain't it? :D

post signature

6 serious thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog! This is a cool site you've got here...

Anonymous said...

this song rocks. It has great lyric, nice vocal and unique interpretation.love it

Anonymous said...

I have never listen to this song b4,but i like it now.

Anonymous said...

And this is a nice and cute picture of you and jevin. ;)

Anonymous said...

thanx folks, i appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

you're the devil in disguise. so fragile yet so devious.